Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Gift for my mom for her birthday? Beauty, facial stuff?! Makeup...ect?

My Mom's birthday is coming up on June 22. I asked her what she wanted (in May, to make it less obvious I was buying something for her)





She said she wanted makeup, facial stuff, beauty supplies, perfume, etc,,,





I REALLY don't know anything about makeup and not a whole lot about beauty supplies soo...yeah.





I'm assuming she wants some anti-wrinkle, rejuvinating stuff for the face. She's in her 40's so for the makeup, keep it normal.











PLEASE HELP!!!!





P.S. i'm already getting her a surprise spa tripGift for my mom for her birthday? Beauty, facial stuff?! Makeup...ect?
Sorry it this is too long.. hehe.. just wanted to be the best of help.





For make-up,you could maybe get her something to adjust something she may like less about her features. For examples if she thinks her lips are too thin, a lip plumper, or if she wants longer eyelashes, a special eyelash treatment etc... Try to make it personal, but to be smooth, don't make it seem as if YOU agree that her eyelashes are too small..


In facial creams, I recommend an expensive brand, but that is definitely worth the money: L'Occitane en Provence. They have the 'Anti-Aging Immortelle' line.


From their site:





For Mature Skin: Anti-Aging Immortelle


The Immortelle plant grows on the island of Corsica and produces bright yellow flowers which are hand picked and steam distilled to extract the essential oil. L鈥橭CCITANE has extracted this precious essential oil from our own organically grown plants. Our Immortelle products take full advantage of the ant-free radical and anti-wrinkle properties of the plant. After repeated use, skin complexion becomes fresh and radiant, firmer and more elastic. Lines and wrinkles will be diminished and youthfulness restored and preserved.





Then they have their apple%26amp;almond products for preventing wrinkles and age. Shea butter for dry/dehydrated skin. Red rice line for oily skin, olive for more-or-less dull skins, shea%26amp;cotton for sensitive skin.. etc. they have a lot of choice and their products are very good quality. (I recommend their hand or feet cream, a topseller that will make your mother addicted like it did my mom and my friend's mom.)





Beauty supplies I know less about so I don't want to give you bad advice, I guess you could go to a Sephora if you live next to one, and just look at their brushes etc. Though again, Sephora can be pricy.





For perfume you mom might prefer more elegant perfumes, and less light floral and citrus-y. I recommend one of these three perfumes:





-Shalimar from Guerlain Paris. I own one myself and I think it is a perfect scent for if you're going out and want to show off a bit. I have always been complimented on it. It's sexy, elegant, warm, oriental and sophisticated al at once. And even thugh it's a classic smell, I find it's for ALMOSt all ages ( not toooo young either). Bonus: Many women in my family have allergies with perfumes, and this one doesn't give any.





-Opium from Yves Saint Laurent. It's a very woodsy, exotic, very sexy smell. My mom wears it and I think it's a perfect perfume. Though I don't wear it myself, so I couldn't write as much as on Shalimar, it is a wonderful perfume.





-Lastly, I suggest Chanel n.5 though I personally wouldn't wear it, it is a smell for formal nights out and gives you that old-fashioned Parisian irresistible smell. Again, no allergies.





If she wants perfume, she might already have HER perfume, sort of like her 'signature' perfume she always has. You might want to find out and buy it for her if she's running out, or buy her the kit or shampoo/soap.. You'll find something. Maybe go along the lines of a brand she's particularly fond of.





And remember: These things can come very pricy, it's mostly the fact you though about her that counts.Gift for my mom for her birthday? Beauty, facial stuff?! Makeup...ect?
Aw how sweet! I usually get my mom something simple haha. I think it would be a good idea to take her to ULTA or MAC and buy her the make up stuff she wants. I'm pretty sure they have things other than make up. You could even take her to CVS if you wanted. It'd be best for her to actually pick out what she wanted instead of you guessing what she wants.
I would go to The Body Shop. They have a line for mature skin that will help with fine lines and wrinkles. They also have a make up line. If you go in, one of the sales people can help you. They've always been very good with me in suggesting colors, or based on my skin tone and such... They also have creams and lotions and shower gels and such so if you don't know what colors your mom might like, she might appreciate a body butter or something (which is what the store is known for) goodluck!
Go into your local MAC beauty-makeup store and tell them you are looking for something for your mom. They will help you. Make sure you can know what color eyes she has and maybe if she has light, fair, medium, dark skin.
DEFINITELY DEFINITELY get her some Bare Minerals to try!! My mom went absolutely bananas for them! You can buy gift sets online of Bare Escentuals sets through ebay and many other stores or if you have an Ulta nearby, they are also available there and available online through Ulta.
give her a gift voucher so that she can buy things other choice or go to beauty centre you can find a wide array of products to choose from..Aroma,shahnaz hussain,many foreign brands.. You can choose what your mom needs
get her a gift card so she can buy wat ever she wants

No comments:

Post a Comment